RaganSmith was selected by TDOT to provide CEI, EPSC, and inspection services on the Interstate 24 at Hickory Hollow Parkway Interchange Modification Project. The project construction scope includes the widening of an interstate overpass bridge, bridge construction, ramp modifications and improvements, retaining wall construction, grading, drainage installation, utility improvements, stream relocation, base construction, paving, traffic signal installation, lighting installation, overhead signage, and ITS construction.
This entails the widening of Hickory Hollow Parkway from a 2-lane and 4-lane roadway to a 4-lane and 6-lane roadway with either median barrier rail or center turn lanes. Connections to Century Farms Parkway and William Turner Parkway will be created, along with associated I-24 on and off ramp improvements. Two new bridges and nine retaining walls will be constructed to allow ramp improvements. A unique modified diverging diamond layout on Hickory Hollow Parkway / Century Farms Parkway will be used when construction is completed.
- Administrative / Records Responsibility for Entire Project
- Construction Inspection and Materials Testing of Retaining Wall Construction
- Construction Inspection and Materials Testing of Construction of Two New Bridges
- Construction Inspection and Materials Testing of Bridge Widening Over I-24
- Earthwork Inspection and Survey Quantity Verification
- Inspection of Drainage Structure Installation
- ITS Improvement Construction Inspection
- Traffic Signal and Roadway Lighting Installation Inspection
- Paving Inspection
- Inspection of Pavement Markings and Signage
- Inspection of Guardrail Installation
- Documentation and Record Keeping Using FHWA Sitemanager Software
- Quality Control Reporting for all staff assigned to project
- Force Account verification for quantities, labor, and equipment