Type: Full Time / Exempt
Reports To: Senior Accountant
Summary: This position is responsible for maintaining financial procedures, assisting with cash management and payroll functions, reconciling accounts, preparing necessary financial reports, and responding to information requests by management.
- Support accounts payable and accounts receivable functions
- Review monthly project invoicing and prepare necessary reports
- Lead Deltek Ajera ERP software management and internal training/customization
- Support payroll functions
- Assist with preparation of payroll and use tax returns
- General ledger maintenance
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the Company subledgers
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Assist with various other daily accounting functions and projects as they arise
- Backup for Senior Accountant and Financial Assistant
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and Senior Accountant
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Associate Degree plus relative experience will be considered.
- Two or more years in accounting or a related field
- Deltek University Ajera Certification or highly experienced
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain confidential information
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. Robust benefits (such as life, medical, and dental) are part of the benefit package.
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.