Roadway Construction Inspector | Nashville, Murfreesboro, or Chattanooga
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc., a regional multi-disciplined engineering consulting company, is looking for a Construction Inspector for oversight of Construction Engineering Inspection (CEI) projects with Tennessee DOT and local TN municipalities.
Responsibilities would include, but are not limited to:
- Conduct construction inspections on bridges, highway and railroad projects in accordance with client’s adapted procedures and policies
- Provide inspection services for conformance to plans and specifications for all roadway, structures, and specialty items
- Observe, measure and record all construction quantities for contractor payment including understanding of mathematical calculations associated with quantity measurement
- Record field measurements in project records for review by the client or auditors (records will be recorded on a standard form-field book and/or on field inspection forms to be submitted to the client)
- Review traffic control daily, and additionally as required or requested
- Document weekly (or as often as necessary) project traffic control on required forms and distribute as required
- Inspect daily erosion control items for conformance to the plans as well as effectiveness in the field
- Prepare to justify any and all pay quantities in the case of questions by the contractor or client
- Provide services in a highly professional manner, conducive of a cooperative relationship between all parties involved
- Prepare an accurate daily diary, signed by the inspector, consisting of:
-A record of the contractors on the project
-Their personnel (number and classification)
-Equipment (number and type or size)
-Location and work performed by each contractor or subcontractor
-Orders given the contractor
-Events of note on the project
-Accidents on the project and any details surrounding the accident such as police report number, fatalities, causes, time, etc. (obtain a copy of the police report for the project records whenever possible)
-Weather, amount of precipitation, temperature at morning, noon, and evening, cloudy, clear, etc.
-Days charged, with explanation if not charged
-Equipment arriving or leaving the project, idle equipment
-Any other details that may be important later in the project life
- Minimum of 1 year of experience
- High school Diploma
- Must possess a Valid Driver’s license
- Transportation (bridge, roadway, rail) construction inspection experience
- OSHA 10-Hour Construction Safety Training, Radiation Safety/Nuclear Gauge / Hazmat Training, TDOT Concrete Field Testing, TDOT Soils & Aggregate, and TDOT Hot Mix Asphalt Roadway Certifications preferred
- Experience with Site Manager Software preferred
- Computer Skills including MS Excel, MS Word
- Experience reading and understanding Roadway Plans
- Willingness to work Overtime or for limited night time construction as needed and overnight travel
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
To Apply: Click Here – Please send a cover letter and resume.
Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.