Mid-Level Landscape Architect / Planner | Murfreesboro
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. is seeking a professional with 3 or more years of experience to join its award-winning landscape architecture and planning team. This position will provide opportunities to work on exciting public sector projects that provide vision, growth and dynamic public places for communities throughout the mid-south. Projects include; parks and recreation, greenways, streetscapes and multi-modal transportation projects, comprehensive planning, corridor and downtown master planning and the design of public spaces. Projects will involve collaboration with experts in a multiple of disciplines including; Landscape architecture, planning, engineering, economics, graphic illustration and public relations. Applicants should be energetic, self-motivated and skilled in graphic, written and verbal communication.
- A graduate of an accredited program in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or related field
- Professional accreditation as a licensed landscape architect (PLA) or planner (AICP certified) is encouraged
- Proficiency in technical design tools including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and GIS software
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with clients and a design team
- Experience with the public input process
- Experience working as a designer and /or planner for a privately-owned company is strongly encouraged
- Familiarity with the general comprehensive planning process, land use and environmental issues
- Familiarity with typical municipal design guidelines and current urban design trends
- Experience in planning for and designing public spaces
Key Responsibilities May Include
- Refine and document design ideas, public input and client feedback
- Prepare and enhance planning documents and design solutions
- Assistance with presentations to the public and community leaders
- Support marketing and business development efforts
- Project management assistance to define and track schedules, budgets and client needs
Ragan-Smith provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Compensation will be negotiated based on level of experience and skills.
Ragan-Smith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our staff of talented professionals puts focus and passion into each project.
This position is open to a potential location at any one of our three offices which includes Nashville, Murfreesboro and Chattanooga TN. Ragan-Smith has office locations which are connected to vibrant and growing communities that include historic downtown districts, rich cultural opportunities and active outdoor recreational and environmental activities.
Ragan-Smith is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.