Type: Full Time / Exempt
Primary Location: Chattanooga, Tennessee
Reports To: Senior Marketing Managers (2)
Summary: Ragan-Smith Associates seeks to add a position to our corporate marketing team. Based in Chattanooga, Tennessee, this newly created position is responsible for supporting activities related to strategic marketing plans for the company, which includes the development of innovative and creative proposals, presentations and other materials that help win new projects.
- Providing support for both public sector and private sector marketing initiatives addressing the entire company’s goals and objectives
- Participate actively in developing RFQ or RFP responses for Chattanooga area, leading pursuits from opportunity analysis to proposal delivery and interview preparation for both public and private sector clients
- Work closely with the project managers and firm management to develop deadline-sensitive deliverables such as proposals, qualifications packages, presentations, and award submissions
- Facilitate effective communication to execute creative ideas, utilizing a good eye for visualization, layout, and/or graphic design skills
- Think strategically to pursue sound marketing and proposal development
- Build collaborative relationships with staff to facilitate team synergy, creativity, and effectiveness
- Help maintain company information, materials, and associated Marketing files
- Write, edit and compile content from various sources into compelling, cohesive marketing materials including cover letters, resumes, boilerplate information, project descriptions, etc.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business, Communications or related field
- One (1) year of experience working in a marketing or social media management role, preferred
- Graphic design experience highly desired
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite
- Proficiency in Adobe Creative Cloud desktop publishing applications (Acrobat Pro DC, InDesign CC, Photoshop CC) required
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to manage multiple responsibilities in a fast-paced environment, be highly organized, flexible, and detail-oriented
- Strong work ethic and a creative approach to problem solving
- Visually literate with strong verbal and graphic communication skills and well-developed writing skills
- Capable of working productively in a team setting, as well as independently
Given that this position will be the sole marketer in the Chattanooga office working directly with company leadership, we are seeking a candidate who is self-motivated, but appreciates being part of a team. Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. Robust benefits (such as life, medical, and dental) are part of the benefit package.
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.