Landscape Architect / Project Designer II | Nashville
Ragan-Smith Associates, Inc. is seeking a licensed Landscape Architect with a Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Landscape Architecture from an accredited program with 2 or more years of experience. This individual will be responsible for collaboration of project design on a wide range of large and small (and many times award-winning) projects. Nashville is an exciting market! Ragan-Smith is looking for energetic and motivated individuals to join our team and collaborate in-house with other landscape architects, land planners, civil engineers, and land surveyors to assist our clients in the development of private sector projects including comprehensive master planning and entitlements of residential, commercial, and mixed-use projects, as well as associated design of site plans, amenities, and other landscape architecture elements.
- A graduate of an accredited program in Landscape Architecture
- 2-5 years of professional experience
- Proficient in AutoCAD (Autodesk), Adobe Creative Suite is a must
- Knowledge of Sketchup, Lumion and/or other 3D programs will be highly valued
- Familiarity of the Planning & Zoning process
- Familiarity of plant varieties in Tennessee
- Familiarity of project documentation
- Can prioritize competing tasks and deadlines since he/she will be working with multiple projects
- Strong graphic and oral communication skills
- Effective client relationship and team collaboration skills
- A Landscape Architecture License is encouraged but not required
Key responsibilities may include:
- Refine and document design ideas
- Prepare and/or enhance design solutions
- Prepare and/or refine presentation level plans / graphics
- Support the Marketing and Business Development activities
- Work as a liaison between the design team and clients
Ragan-Smith provides a comprehensive and competitive benefits package. Compensation will be negotiated based on level of experience and skills.
Ragan-Smith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Ragan-Smith is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.