Transportation Design Practice Leader
This position is responsible for leading the RaganSmith Transportation Design Practice with broad oversight of a wide range of transportation projects with State & Local Governments and private clients. The position includes oversight and management of technical staff and primary client coordination.
- Project Management experience including Staffing, Resource Allocation, Scheduling, and Sub-Contractor Oversight
- Proposal creation, budgeting, and client invoicing
- Thorough understanding of roadway design guidance from AASHTO, State DOT, NACTO, and similar
- Experience with DOT guidelines / procedures / requirements / preferences
- Be a self-motivated, team-oriented individual with the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong communication and writing skills
- Significant experience in overseeing the development of roadway plans and specifications
- Experience in marketing, teaming, and RFQ/RFP response preparation
- Tennessee PE or ability to achieve by reciprocity
- Tennessee DOT Specific pertinent experience
- MS in Civil Engineering or Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
- Experience and relationships with TDOT, local municipalities, and permitting agencies
- Experience with TDOT Local Programs Projects and Process requirements
- 12+ years experience in the Transportation Design arena
- Understanding of related Transportation disciplines including Planning, Traffic Engineering, NEPA, and CEI
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, comp time, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is a well-established, privately held firm with over 140 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now