Survey Project Manager Public Sector
This position is responsible for planning and directing work and project schedules for public and private clients with emphasis on public. It requires management of technical staff, preparing proposals, and coordination with other disciplines throughout the company.
- Utilize knowledge of various equipment, engineering practices, mathematics, building materials, and other physical sciences to complete drawings.
- Performing control, boundary, topography, ALTA, right of way, and construction surveying
- Quality control and creation of the aforementioned surveys for state and local transportation projects
- Writing proposals, project budgets, and scheduling survey crews to ensure proper information is collected on specific jobs.
- Oversee the CAD standards for employees and subcontractors for the organization as well as communicating and directing the field crews as to what is needed on specific jobs.
- Professional Surveyor licensed in Tennessee
- Bachelors degree / Associates Degree or two to four years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Must be proficient with AutoCAD Civil 3D, GEOPAK Microstation
- Knowledge and understanding of Trimble survey equipment and TBS software
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work closely in a team environment
- Experience with state and local transportation projects.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, comp time, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is a well-established, privately held firm with over 140 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now