Survey Crew Party Chief
RaganSmith, a regional multi-disciplined land development and engineering consulting company based in Nashville, with offices in Murfreesboro and Chattanooga, is seeking a full time, experienced Survey Crew Party Chief position to support our growing Geospatial Practice in Nashville.
- Possess a positive attitude and the ability to adapt to diverse daily assignments and to communicate well with employees, clients, and the public.
- Physically able to work outdoors, carry equipment, materials, and cut or clear line of sight for survey measurements in all weather and at times as a 1-person crew.
- Travel out of town to job sites as needed.
- Must have or develop good surveying technical and troubleshooting skills.
- Keep work truck clean and supplied with materials and equipment as needed daily.
- Perform mathematical calculations and prepare field notes and sketches of detailed measurements.
- Read and comprehend plans.
- Perform ALTA surveys, boundary and topographic surveys, and construction staking.
- Remain in compliance with all legal requirements and company guidelines and oversee the safety of survey crew members.
- Work under the guidance of the Registered Land Surveyor and become proficient with the operation of a Robotic Total Station, 3D Laser Scanner, Data Collectors, GPS, Automatic and Electronic Level equipment as necessary to obtain data and accurate survey measurements to meet or exceed the minimum accuracy requirements as required for Land Surveys in the State of Tennessee and the American Land Title Association / National Society of Professional Surveyors.
- HS Diploma or GED required
- Valid driver’s license required
- Strong competency in math and attention to detail
- Desire to work hard, learn quickly, and work independently and as a team
- Prior experience as a Crew Chief, but experience as an Instrument Man with enough knowledge will be considered
- Associate of Science degree in a relevant field
- Proficiency in Trimble total station and GPS equipment
- FAA Part 103 license and UAV experience
- High-definition Laser Scanning experience
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, comp time, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is well-established, privately held firm with 150 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now