This position is responsible for maintaining financial procedures, assisting with cash management and payroll functions, reconciling accounts, preparing necessary financial reports, and responding to management requests for information.
- Support accounts payable; including vendor invoices, employee expenses, and company credit cards
- Assist accounts receivable functions
- Review monthly project invoicing and prepare necessary reports
- Support payroll functions, including review of weekly timesheets, processing of biweekly payroll, calculating and verifying insurance deductions, etc.
- Assist with preparation of payroll and use tax returns
- General ledger maintenance
- Perform monthly reconciliations of the Company subledgers
- Prepare documentation for external auditors
- Assist with various other daily accounting functions and projects as they arise
- Backup for Senior Accountant and Financial Assistant
- Other duties as assigned by the Controller and Senior Accountant
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or Finance preferred. Associate Degree plus relative experience will be considered.
- Three or more years in an accounting role
- Deltek Ajera experience highly desired
- Extremely detail oriented
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite, with advanced skills in Excel
- Ability to read and analyze financial reports
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to generate and maintain confidential information
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, comp time, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is a well-established, privately held firm with over 140 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now