DOT Senior Technician
RaganSmith is seeking a full-time Sr. CAD Technician specializing in Department of Transportation Surveying based in our Murfreesboro office. This position is responsible for providing senior level surveying office support for transportation land surveyors, serving as a key member of the team on a wide range of projects. The Sr. DOT CAD Technician will also collaborate internally with field staff as well as other CAD technicians, civil engineers, and land surveyors to assist our clients in the development of transportation surveys.
- Use Bentley software to prepare site plans according to DOT specifications.
- Process, extract, and analyze field survey data
- Assist in assembling information pertaining to the survey scope and limits of work for the collection of field data and work with directing field crews as needed
- Collaborate with project managers to create plans
- Serve as a mentor for other DOT Technicians
- Keep site data and plans organized
- Potential for occasional field work including site inspections, research, and quality assurance
- Additional related duties as needed
- 5-8+ years of related DOT drafting experience preparing transportation surveys.
- Knowledge and application of surveying concepts
- Ability to adhere to project timelines in a team environment
- Strength in multi-department coordination and organization
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- DOT drafting experience using GEOPAK, Open Roads, or MicroStation
- Experience with DOT standards
- Associates degree or equivalent experience
- Drafting experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D
- Experience using Trimble Business Center
- 2+ years of field surveying experience
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long-term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Pay to be determined based on experience.
Like what you see?Apply Now