Ragan Smith is seeking a mid-level Landscape Architect to join our landscape architecture and land planning studio based in our Nashville office. The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative, and has a passion for creating places that are authentic, innovative, and functional. This position will have an opportunity to work on a broad range of projects including master-planned communities, parks, green infrastructure, retail, detailed urban spaces, mixed use spaces, and urban streetscape redevelopment. This position will have access to professionals of various backgrounds and expertise across our multi-disciplinary firm. Working in tandem with our surveyors and engineers allows for seamless design process, learning opportunities, and a better product for both our clients and the users of the spaces we manipulate.
The Landscape Architect will prepare graphics, design, drawing, and analyze projects in modeling programming software. The Landscape Architect will collaborate in-house with other landscape architects, civil engineers, and land surveyors to assist our clients in developing commercial, residential, mixed-use projects, and park and recreation projects.
- Develop design concepts using hand graphics and/or computer graphic programs, including SketchUp, Lumion, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite
- Communicate effectively with all levels of management in both written and verbal form
- Establish and maintain project structure, budget, and schedule
- Solve design problems using experience, judgment, and education
- Participate in municipal approval process, including pre-application meetings, responding to staff comments, planning commission meetings, and city council meetings
- Participate in construction bid process including pre-bid conferences, interpretations, post-bid evaluations, and contract preparation
- Engage in construction administration, field observations, shop drawings, change orders, interpretations, conflict resolution, and close-down processing
- Additional related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture or related field
- 3-5 years of experience in a planning and design firm
- Experience creating hand graphics
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- RLA or AICP certification or ability to achieve
- Completion of LARE is encouraged
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Compensatory time
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Like what you see?Apply Now