Landscape Architect / Planner - Mid-Level
RaganSmith is seeking a professional with 3 or more years of experience to join its award-winning landscape architecture and planning team. This position will provide opportunities to work on exciting public sector projects that provide vision, growth, and dynamic public places for communities throughout the mid-south. Projects include parks and recreation, greenways, streetscapes and multi-modal transportation projects, comprehensive planning, corridor and downtown master planning and the design of public spaces. Projects will involve collaboration with experts in a multiple of disciplines including landscape architecture, planning, engineering, economics, graphic illustration, and public relations. Applicants should be energetic, self-motivated, and skilled in graphic, written, and verbal communication.
- A graduate of an accredited program in Landscape Architecture, Urban Planning or related field
- Professional accreditation as a licensed landscape architect (PLA) or planner (AICP certified) is encouraged
- Proficiency in technical design tools including AutoCAD, Adobe Creative Suite and GIS software
- Strong oral and written communication skills and the ability to collaborate with clients and a design team
- Experience with the public input process
- Experience working as a designer and /or planner for a privately-owned company is strongly encouraged
- Familiarity with the general comprehensive planning process, land use and environmental issues
- Familiarity with typical municipal design guidelines and current urban design trends
- Experience in planning for and designing public spaces
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES MAY INCLUDE
- Refine and document design ideas, public input and client feedback
- Prepare and enhance planning documents and design solutions
- Assistance with presentations to the public and community leaders
- Support marketing and business development efforts
- Project management assistance to define and track schedules, budgets and client needs
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, comp time, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is a well-established, privately held firm with over 150 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now