Senior LiDAR Technician
RaganSmith is seeking a full-time Senior LiDAR Technician specializing in Reality Capture services based in our Nashville office. This position is responsible for providing digital terrain modeling support for land surveyors & civil engineers and serves as a key member of the team in the expanding geospatial practice. The Senior LiDAR Technician will also collaborate internally with CAD technicians, civil engineers, and landscape architects to assist our clients in the development of commercial, residential, and mixed-use projects.
- Use specialized LiDAR and point cloud software platforms as well as CAD and GIS software packages for data extraction and digital terrain modeling
- Collaborate with project managers to create survey base mapping
- Potential for LiDAR field data collection though aerial, terrestrial, and mobile mapping platforms
- Additional related duties as needed
- 2-5+ years of progressive office experience in 3D Scanning, including capture, post processing, analysis and modeling of static laser scanning or mobile LiDAR scanning or aerial LiDAR scanning
- Skill with generating digital terrain models from point cloud data
- Experience processing data through DJI Terra, Pix4D, TBC Mobile Mapping & TBC Point Cloud Registration
- Mastery of drafting using AutoCAD Civil 3D, MicroStation, TopoDOT, and Trimble Business Center
- Ability to adhere to project timelines in a team environment
- Strength in multi-department coordination and organization
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- Possesses FAA Part 107 Commercial Drone License, or ability to obtain
- GISP Certification and/or American Society for Photogrammetry and Remote Sensing (ASPRS) certification or the ability to obtain
- Revit or other 3D Modeling experience
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Pay is depending on experience.
Like what you see?Apply Now