Instrument Man / Rod Man
RaganSmith, a land development consulting firm based in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, is seeking a Full Time Instrument/Rod Man for the Survey Department in their growing Nashville Office.
- Individual must have a positive attitude and be able to communicate, both written and verbally, with employees, clients, and the public.
- Must be adaptive to diverse daily assignments and be physically able to work outdoors, carry equipment, materials and cut or clear line of sight for survey measurements.
- Must have good math skills.
- Must keep work truck clean and supplied with materials and equipment as needed daily.
- Travel out of town to job sites as needed.
- Work under the guidance of the Survey Party Chief with the operation of Robotic Total Station, Data Collector, GPS and level equipment to obtain accurate survey measurements.
- Prepare field notes and sketches of detailed measurements.
- Remain in compliance with all legal requirements and company guidelines.
Qualifications and Skills
- HS Diploma or GED recommended.
- Experience preferred but not necessary
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is a well-established, privately held firm with over 150 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now