Summary: This position is responsible for assisting in the preparation of construction plans, specifications, reports, studies, supporting documentation, cost estimates and permit applications utilizing company and industry accepted standards, methodologies, and guidelines.
- Work related to the preparation and development of NEPA Documentation including Categorical Exclusions (CE), Environmental Assessments (EA), Environmental Impact Statements (EIS), Re-Evaluations of CEs, EAs, or EISs, and Tennessee Environmental Evaluation Reports (TEER), in accordance with the Tennessee Environmental Procedures Manual, the Tennessee Environmental Streamlining Agreement (TESA), Federal Highway Administration requirements, and other state and federal requirements
- Develop and review water quality permit applications, Storm Water Pollution Prevention Plans (SWPPPs), stream and wetland mitigation, and natural channel design plans
- Prepare and review Erosion Prevention and Sedimentation Control (EPSC) plans
- Inspection, evaluation, and recommendation of EPSC measures
- Conduct and document water resource, habitat, species, water quality, and associated aquatic and terrestrial environmental surveys
- Wetland identification, delineation, assessment, and monitoring
- Watercourse (wet weather conveyances, ephemeral, intermittent, and perennial streams; springs/seeps) identification, delineation, assessment, and monitoring
- Threatened or endangered species surveys (e.g., surveys for federally listed bats) identification, delineation, assessment, and monitoring
- Development and provision of survey grade GPS/GIS shapefiles
- Construction oversight for ecological concerns
- Identification, right-of-way and construction design, compensatory mitigation plan development, oversight, and monitoring of stream, species, and wetland mitigation
- Collection of data for use in the Tennessee stream quantification tool (TNSQT)
Experience and Qualifications:
- The preferred candidate will have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Environmental Science, Hydrology, Civil or Environmental Engineering, Biology, Geology, Forestry, Land Management, Environmental Policy, Wildlife and Fisheries Management, or other science related discipline.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively to accomplish tasks, write and communicate clearly and concisely, influence and lead teams without direct supervisory responsibilities
- Adept at establishing partnerships with internal customers and external stakeholders
- Ability to interface with cross-functional teams and all levels of management
- Ability to take initiative and respond quickly to changing priorities
- Dependable, adaptable, and flexible
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, and vision coverage, 401(k) and profit-sharing plans, comp time, bonuses, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is a well-established, privately held firm with over 150 employees. The culture of our organization starts with a team/family orientation, and our success is derived from the effort and care provided by our team members. Our staff of talented professionals strives to complete our work with expertise, professionalism, and integrity entrusted to us by our clients.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Founded in 1933, RaganSmith is a multi-disciplined consulting firm with a reputation for excellent work, reliable professionals, and dependable service. We specialize in land planning, civil engineering, surveying, landscape architecture, sustainable design, and construction administration. Our clients are both Public and Private and our projects are diverse and complex. With offices in Nashville, Murfreesboro, and Chattanooga, our goal is always to utilize our broad range of expertise to produce the best projects for our clients by seeking to advocate sound design practice. Our culture encourages professional growth and pursuit of an individual’s passion in order to elevate future leaders in the industry for the betterment of our community.
RaganSmith takes great pride in setting a standard of excellence as a consulting firm. Our focus on each project remains until we meet the expectations of our client and achieve our own standard of excellence.
Like what you see?Apply Now