Landscape Architect Designer
Ragan Smith is seeking an entry-level Landscape Architect Designer to join our Landscape Architecture and Land Planning Studio based in our Murfreesboro office. The ideal candidate is creative, collaborative, and has a passion for creating places that are authentic, innovative, and functional. This position will have an opportunity to work on a broad range of projects including master-planned communities, parks, green infrastructure, retail, detailed urban spaces, mixed use spaces, urban streetscape redevelopment. The Landscape Designer will have access to professionals of various backgrounds and expertise across our multi-disciplinary firm. Working in tandem with our surveyors and engineers allows for seamless design process, learning opportunities, and a better product for both our clients and the users of the spaces we manipulate.
The Landscape Designer will assist in assembling reports, presentation documents, and be involved with client meetings. As technical skills increase, more individual work assignments will be encouraged along with greater client interaction. In addition, this design professional will assist with site visits and construction administration tasks.
- Prepare or assist in the preparation, design concepts, schematic design, cost estimates, code analysis and presentation as assigned
- Develop design concepts using hand graphics and/or computer graphic programs, including SketchUp, Lumion, AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite
- Prepare and maintain project communications and information
- Create drawings of designs previously originated or refine and develop sketches provided by others
- Read and understand construction drawings, digital mapping, and other related documentation
- Use organization to allow for efficient access to project information if required by another team member
- Additional related duties as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Landscape Architecture
- 1-3+ years of experience
- Experience creating hand graphics
- Interpersonal communication skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Candidate to seek PLA or AICP upon meeting requirements
- Familiarity with AutoCAD Civil 3D, Adobe Suite, Lumion, and SketchUp
- Completion of LARE is encouraged
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Compensatory time paid out as PTO or additional pay if over 40 hours worked in a week
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Like what you see?Apply Now