Landscape Architect - Entry Level
RaganSmith is currently seeking highly talented and driven landscape architects/designers for our Nashville and Murfreesboro office’s expanding landscape architecture and planning practice!
Entry Level Graduate Landscape Architect (0-2 years experience)
Privately owned since 1933, RaganSmith is a thriving firm of 150 professionals who enjoy collaboration, working (and playing) hard, and continually growing in a fun-loving, light-hearted atmosphere. Give a mic to members of our team, and you’ll hear words like family, supportive, caring, and flexible to describe our culture. Our team is consistently challenged to break boundaries and offer unique solutions to bring a vision to life. Our clients think we’re awesome because we are place makers who deliver design excellence with innovative, boutique-styled service.
We work across a broad range of project types and scales, to serve private sector developers and institutions, public sector agencies and municipalities, and not-for-profit organizations. From our Nashville office located within walking distance from Titans Stadium, to our additional offices in Murfreesboro and Chattanooga, we offer you a collective experience incorporating all aspects of the design, planning, entitlement, and construction process in an environment where you can nurture your creativity and need for professional and personal growth. But, enough about us.
Here’s what we want from you (besides, of course, a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited program in Landscape Architecture):
- Excellent hand graphics, specifically at the conceptual level – there’s no replacement for design with pencil and marker in hand
- Exceptional graphic communication/digital production/analysis skills in 3D modeling programs (SketchUp, Lumion, etc.), AutoCAD, and Adobe Suite
- A solid technical foundation (understanding of drawings, grading, digital mapping, and basic construction knowledge) and experience with construction documentation
- Strong interpersonal communication skills and the ability to collaborate with clients and various design teams, while self-editing work and flexing your accuracy and accountability muscles
- Experience with the public input process and planning for and designing public spaces
- Ability to conceptualize across a broad range of scales and project types, from master planned communities to urban environments at a planning level and detailed site design
- Strong work ethic and desire to learn new skills
- Professional accreditation as a licensed landscape architect (RLA) or Certified Planner (AICP certified) not required but encouraged
Are you a perfect 10? self-motivated, purpose-driven, cooperative, detail oriented, collaborative, responsive to shifting deadlines and priorities, articulate, pride in work and self, passion for the profession and your own growth. superior level of design skills....
In addition to your resume, please email your digital portfolio. Digital portfolios should include work samples with CAD plans and details, along with examples of design or graphic work. A link to your digital portfolio is acceptable. Otherwise, digital portfolios should be in a print ready PDF format, 10 pages or less, no larger than 10 MB and an 8.5 x 11 inch page.
Compensation will be competitive and commensurate with the individual’s experience. RaganSmith provides competitive employee benefits including health, dental, vision, short/long term disability, long term care, telemedicine, and ID theft insurance, 401(k) and profit-sharing, bonuses, comp time, and a flexible work opportunity.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Like what you see?Apply Now