CAD Technician, DOT Surveying
RaganSmith is seeking a full-time CAD Technician specializing in Department of Transportation Surveying based in our Nashville office. This position is responsible for providing CAD support for land surveyors, serving as a key member of the team on a wide range of projects. The CAD Technician will also collaborate internally with other CAD technicians, civil engineers, and land surveyors to assist our clients in the development of transportation surveys.
- Use CAD software to prepare site plans according to DOT specifications
- Work with field survey team to collect and analyze data
- Collaborate with project managers to create plans
- Keep site data and plans organized
- Additional related duties as needed
- Knowledge and experience preparing transportation surveys
- Ability to work with deadlines in a team environment
- Strength in multi-department coordination
- Proficient written and verbal communication
- DOT drafting experience using AutoCAD Civil 3D, GEOPAK, Open Roads, or MicroStation
- Experience with DOT standards
- In office work experience
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Profit sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer reognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Like what you see?Apply Now