Civil Engineer, PE
RaganSmith is seeking a full-time Civil Engineer, PE based in our Chattanooga office. This position is responsible for assisting or leading civil site project design and production, client coordination and communication, stormwater management design, and permitting on a wide range of residential and commercial projects. The Civil Engineer will collaborate in-house with other civil engineers, landscape architects, and land surveyors to assist our clients in developing public and private mixed-use projects.
- Analyze survey plans, reports, and other data collected to design projects
- Forecast and adhere to project timelines
- Use AutoCAD Civil 3D software to create designs
- Collaborate with state, local, and federal jurisdictions for permitting
- Additional related duties as needed
- Bachelor of Science in Civil Engineering
- 4-6+ years of professional experience in site design
- Tennessee PE or ability to achieve by reciprocity within 6 months
- AutoCAD Civil 3D experience
- Experience in site design, entitlements, and permitting with local jurisdictions
- Effective oral and written communication
- Experience with permitting processes and procedures
- Background in turnkey site design in either residential, multi-family, or commercial
- Knowledge of green infrastructure and LID
- 100% covered health, dental and vision insurance, group term life insurance, identity theft protection, long-term and short-term disability coverage, telemedicine, and long term care insurance
- Generous PTO, paid holidays, and three additional paid days between Christmas and New Year’s Day
- Yearly profit-sharing bonus
- 401(k) contribution
- Compensatory time paid out as PTO or additional pay if over 40 hours worked in a week
- Flexible work environment
- Focus on work-life balance
- Paid training time
RaganSmith was founded in 1933 as a land surveying company. More than eight decades later, we have grown into an interdisciplinary consulting firm of experienced civil engineers, landscape architects, transportation experts, savvy surveyors, and brilliant land planners serving the private and public sectors.
Our mission is to rise to the challenge of our day, serve our clients, invest in our people, and positively influence our communities through perspective and purpose. As a company, we strive to be committed, aligned, balanced, intentional, and professional.
RaganSmith is an equal opportunity employer recognizing the value of a diverse workforce. All qualified individuals will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, age, and/or protected veteran status in accordance with governing laws.
Like what you see?Apply Now